Conditions and terms
- All theatre academies or institutes of higher education with a theatre faculty or program can participate in the “Danail Chirpansky” International Student Theatre Festival.
- All of the stated above are allowed to apply with graduation performances or productions.
- The maximal length of the performance must not exceed 120 minutes (including intermission, if there is one).
- The performances could be executed in any language. Subtitles in English are a mandatory condition (including for the performances presented in English). This excludes dance
performances or pantomime.
The festival provides:
- Accommodation for 5 days and food for up to 8 participants (including teachers and technicians)
- Full accreditation for all festival events
- Local transportation for all participants from Sofia to Stara Zagora and back to Sofia
- Stage technicians, sound and lighting engineers during rehearsals and construction
The festival DOES NOT cover international travel expenses and visas for the international participants, nor transportation of set, costumes and props. We would gladly assist with alternative solutions for the pieces which you are unable to bring with you if negotiated beforehand and if we have such elements on our host-stages.
The festival provides technicians (lighting and sound technicians, multimedia operator) for the construction of the audio-visual picture of stage BUT it is OBLIGATORY for every group to have their own technical operators during the performance.
!! The organizers of the festival reserve the right to disqualify an already selected participant in case of non-compliance or impaired communication.
!! The organizers of the festival reserve the right to change parts of the above Terms and Conditions. The changes will be published on the festival website.
Regarding the preventive measures for the spread of Covid-19, we fully comply with the current requirements of the World Health Organization, as well as the conditions of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Bulgaria for foreign nationals arriving in the country. Up-to-date information can be found at https://mfa.bg/en/customnews/main/24737
All candidates will be reviewed by a selection committee defining the final selection of the program, which always includes one Bulgarian performance.
STAGES OF APPLICATION:
- Application by the academies APRIL 2022 – End of JUNE 2022
- Selection JULY 2022
- Communication with the selected participants JULY 2022 – SEPTEMBER 2022
HOW TO APPLY?
- Necessary documents for applying
Please, read carefully and fill in the form correctly. This would be of great importance for the flawless realization of the performance during the festival.
- Technical plan of the stage where the performance is being enacted originally
The technical plan must include set parameters (sizes and dimensions of the elements), sound and lighting
- Video of the performance
It must be an informative video without editing, if possible full-length or long enough (no less than 20 min) to present authentically and thoroughly the style, the character and the needs of the performance/the process of development of the performance. Please use a cloud-based file transfer service (such as WeTransfer or other) or share it in the e-mail as a link to a video platform or cloud storage (such as YouTube, Vimeo, GoogleDrive, etc)
- Photos of the performance
Minimum three photos of the performance /or photoshoot or posters/, (300dpi), which could be used for advertising purposes, if chosen.
The candidates would not be considered if any of the components stated above are missing.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. We would be happy to help you.
To apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.