Conditions and terms
We want to quickly let you know that we are carefully observing the current situation of the world concerning the spread of COVID-19. Theater is both about structure and improvisation and that is also how we are trying to manage the situation. We still haven’t postponed the 2020 edition of the festival in hope that we will all soon get over the pandemic. However, we will be flexible about the situation and let you know immediately if we take a conclusive decision about the dates of our event (which were planned between 9-15 October 2020). Which also means that the application process will be open for now without a deadline. Please, stay safe, stay at home as much as you can, be positive, wash your hands, have a sip of good wine, read a good book and BE HEALTHY!
See you soon,
The Danail Chirpansky International Student Festival Team
- All theatre academies or institutes of higher education with a theatre faculty or program can participate in the “Danail Chirpansky” International Student Theatre Festival.
- All of the stated above are allowed to apply with graduation performances or productions.
- The maximal length of the performance must not exceed 120 minutes (including intermission, if there is one).
- The performances could be executed in any language. Subtitles in English are a mandatory condition (including for the performances presented in English). This excludes dance
performances or pantomime.
The festival provides:
- Accommodation for 6 days and food for up to 10 participants (including teachers and technicians)
- Full accreditation for all festival events
- Local transportation for all participants from Sofia to Stara Zagora and back to Sofia
- Stage technicians, sound and lighting engineers during rehearsals and construction
The festival DOES NOT cover international travel expenses and visas for the international participants, nor transportation of set, costumes and props. We would gladly assist with alternative solutions for the pieces which you are unable to bring with you if negotiated beforehand and if we have such elements on our host-stages.
The festival provides technicians (lighting and sound technicians, multimedia operator) for the construction of the audio-visual picture of stage BUT it is OBLIGATORY for every group to have their own technical operators during the performance.
All candidates will be reviewed by a selection committee defining the final selection of the program, which always includes one Bulgarian performance.
STAGES OF APPLICATION:
- Selection process
- Results and further communication with selected participants
HOW TO APPLY?
- Necessary documents for applying
Please, read carefully and fill in the form correctly. This would be of great importance for the flawless realization of the performance during the festival.
- Technical plan of the stage where the performance is being enacted originally
The technical plan must include set parameters (sizes and dimensions of the elements), sound and lighting
- Video of the performance
It must be an informative video without editing, if possible full-length or long enough (no less than 20 min) to present authentically and thoroughly the style, the character and the needs of the performance/the process of development of the performance. Please use a cloud-based file transfer service (such as WeTransfer or other) or share it in the e-mail as a link to a video platform or cloud storage (such as YouTube, Vimeo, GoogleDrive, etc)
- Photos of the performance
Minimum three photos of the performance /or photoshoot or posters/, (300dpi), which could be used for advertising purposes, if chosen.
The candidates would not be considered if any of the components stated above are missing.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. We would be happy to help you.
To apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.