Conditions and terms
- Eligible to take part in “Danail Chirpansky” International Student Theater Festival are all Theater Academies or Institutes of Higher Education with a Theater Faculty or program.
- Each theater school (higher level of education) may apply with a maximum of two graduation performances or productions (which can also be in development during application process, but finished until the Festival).
- The maximum length of the performance should be no longer than 150 minutes.
- The performance could be in any language, but English subtitles are a requirement, unless the performance is non-verbal or in English.
- The festival provides:
- The 5 day accommodation and meals for up to 10 people (including teachers and staff).
- Full accreditation for free attendance to all festival activities
- The local transportation of the participants from SOFIA to STARA ZAGORA.
- Technical staff for the stage, lights and sound
- Two available venues (stages) – Main stage at the Drama Theatre “Geo Milev” and Chamber stage of the Puppet Theatre in the city
PLEASE NOTE: The Festival DOES NOT cover travel costs and visas of the participants and transportation of sets and props. We will gladly assist you with alternatives of elements and/or props at our venues, if available and arranged beforehand.
A Selection Committee will look through all the applications and choose 6 performances to take part in the festival, one of which Bulgarian.
These are the procedural stages:
- Application – till the end of October
- Selection – through November
- Details about participation – until the Festival
HOW TO APPLY?
- Necessary documents for applying
Please read and fill it carefully and double check as it is of crucial importance for the flawless realization.
- FORM №1 INFORMATION ABOUT THE INSTITUTE
- FORM №2 INFORMATION ABOUT THE PERFORMANCE
- FORM №3 ORGANIZATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- FORM №4 TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- LETTER OF CONFIRMATION (this signed, scanned and sent)
- Video of the performance
This should be a non-edited sequence of length from the show, long enough (not shorter then 10 minutes) to provide a truthful perception of the nature of the action/performance or work in progress. You may send it as attached file alongside attached Forms, or share it in the email as a link to some video platform or Drive (YouTube, Vimeo, Google Disc…)
- Technical parameters of the available stages
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to help you: firstname.lastname@example.org